[File] file-5.35 is now available

Thomas Jarosch thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com
Wed Oct 24 05:02:45 EDT 2018

Hi Christos,

On Tuesday, 23 October 2018 20:17:11 CEST Christos Zoulas wrote:
> | FAIL db/pm/Html.pm
> | Expected :text/plain; charset=us-ascii
> | Got      :text/html; charset=us-ascii
> |
> | -> the output for Html.pm looks wrong to me.
> |
> | Quite a few other detections improved :)
>
> [2:14pm] 124>../../src/file -v
> file-5.35
> magic file from /usr/local/share/misc/magic
> [2:14pm] 125>../../src/file db/pm/Html.pm
> db/pm/Html.pm: Perl5 module source, ASCII text
> [2:14pm] 126>../../src/file db/pl/Makefile_PL.pl
> db/pl/Makefile_PL.pl: Perl5 module source, ASCII text
> [2:14pm] 127>
>
> So it is only the mime part that is broken.

ah yes, may be we can improve the output of file-tests
to make it more obvious that it's the mime part when it mismatches.

Anyway, I've seen a fix has been committed. The new search
behavior for the mime type seems to break quite a few tests:

FAIL db/AppleDouble/AppleDouble
Expected :application/octet-stream; charset=binary
Got      :; charset=binary

FAIL db/DS_Store/DS_Store
Expected :application/octet-stream; charset=binary
Got      :; charset=binary

FAIL db/ani/animated_cursor.ani
Expected :application/octet-stream; charset=binary
Got      :; charset=binary

FAIL db/bin/vax
Expected :application/octet-stream; charset=binary
Got      :; charset=binary

This is with git HEAD.

Cheers,
Thomas