[File] file 5.38 is now available.

Christos Zoulas christos at zoulas.com
Tue Dec 17 02:19:03 UTC 2019

Hi,

A bug fix release of file is now available from:

	ftp://ftp.astron.com/pub/file/file-5.38.tar.gz

This release fixes:

	- Always accept -S (no sandbox) even if we don't support sandboxing
	- More syscalls elided for sandboxiing
	- For ELF dynamic means having an interpreter not just PT_DYNAMIC
	- Check for large ELF session header offset
	- When saving and restoring a locale, keep the locale name in our
	  own storage.
	- Add a flag to disable CSV file detection.
	- Don't pass NULL/0 to memset to appease sanitizers.
	- Avoid spurious prints when looks for extensions or apple strings
	  in fsmagic.
	- Add builtin decompressors for xz and and bzip.
	- Add a limit for the number of CDF elements.
	- More checks for overflow in CDF.

Happy Holidays,

christos