[File] Questioning the future for the apple creator code support

Christos Zoulas christos at zoulas.com
Tue Jul 16 11:20:40 UTC 2019

The underlying problem is that the output selection mechanism was added without proper design
so it is spread all over the place and is fragile. This used to work on file-5.30 (I just checked) and broke
somewhere. You are right that apple creator/type code is less than useful these days, but the fact
that's broken now is because the output selection (which is also used for mime) is too intrusive and
complicated. I would fix it again for now, and consider to remove it later.

christos