[File] Detection of ocaml byte code

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 19:31:59 UTC 2020

Hello,

I modified the script I sent in the shell misdetection thread so that it looks
for application/octet-stream. This seems to be a catchall for binary data
that is not otherwise classified.

What I found when I searched my system is one item that could be picked up.
The output from the program is like this:

/usr/bin/ocamlopt.byte  #!/usr/bin/ocamlrun
/usr/bin/ocaml  #!/usr/bin/ocamlrun
/usr/bin/ocamlprof.byte #!/usr/bin/ocamlrun

If you look at those kind of files, it starts with a shebang that invokes the
ocaml bytecode interpreter, a 0X0A, and then binary data. This could probably
be picked up as application/x-bytecode.ocaml.

Best Regards,
-Steve