[File] /usr/bin and /bin

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu May 27 18:04:50 UTC 2021

Hello,

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 1:26:53 PM EDT Christos Zoulas wrote:
> Hi, I am annoyed by that too (but not yet to the level that I have sat down
> to think how to fix it :-)

I was thinking that maybe if the first 2 characters are #!, then try matching
against the variation in dirnames. If there is a match, replace the start
with $Shebang or whatever token/name is agreeable. Then used this new string
to start matching against the magic db. Seperately, the magic db text files
gets fixed up to use the token/name. After compilation, both pieces can match.
I'd consider looking into this, but not sure which source file does the
initial parsing of the target file.

Best Regards,
-Steve