[File] .puz Across Lite file format

Alan De Smet chaos at highprogrammer.com
Wed Oct 6 21:19:11 UTC 2021

I've got a simple magic file for identifying the PUZ crossword puzzle file
format, originally from the Across Lite crossword software, but it's now a
de facto standard for sharing crossword puzzles. Is it something that
should be added to the standard file magic database? If so, what's the
correct procedure for making such a submission? How much detail is
considered appropriate? (my current version does *not* show the puzzle's
title, but I think I can add it).

In case the answer is "just post it here", it's attached. Test files can be
found at https://theworld.com/~wij/puzzles/wij-themed.html or using the
"Universal" or "WS Journal" links on the right side of
https://www.cruciverb.com/ .

Depending on how my project goes, I may end up tinkering with the jpz
format, in which case I'll probably put together the magic file for that as
well.

--
Alan De Smet