[File] application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.database replace/remove

FC Stegerman flx at obfusk.net
Fri Jan 27 21:05:22 UTC 2023

* Michael Stahl <mst at libreoffice.org> [2023-01-27 10:56]:
> apparently they have already updated the web site:
>
> https://www.loc.gov/preservation/digital/formats/fdd/fdd000441.shtml
>
> wow, i didn't expect the government to work this fast :)

Nice!

That page now says "deprecated value but may be found in older
implementations", which means our original dilemma of whether to
support that in file is not really solved yet.

My suggestion would be to leave the magic entry using the deprecated
mime type.  Even if there is actually no software using that, it
doesn't hurt to have it.  But perhaps it makes sense to append
something like ", using deprecated MIME type" to its message?

- FC