[Tcsh] tcsh.man improvements style question

Kimmo Suominen kim at netbsd.org
Mon Dec 5 11:51:55 UTC 2022

Hi Luke,

A history reference may have a word designator but no event
specification. Thus the history word designators table entries can be
preceded by either a colon or an exclamation point. (With the possible
exception of !% not making sense... I'm not sure.) So users searching
for e.g. :$ would be happy, but those searching for !$ would not be.

The last two paragraphs of the "History word designators" section are
somewhat difficult to follow to begin with. Turning them into a table
might help, at the cost of replicating the existing table in that
section.

Or how about adding a column to the existing table to show e.g. both
:$ and !$ with an explanation for the columns?

In any case, I think it is a good improvement. Just trying to think
about how to fix one more use case. :)

Cheers,
+ Kimmo