[Tcsh] tcsh and Alpine Linux: progress, anyone?

Christos Zoulas christos at zoulas.com
Sat Nov 26 19:21:01 UTC 2022

Alpine uses must c which is "opinionated" about things like
defining a CPP symbol to differentiate itself because it claims one
should not be needed because it provides a standards compliant
implementation and such checks should be unnecessary:
https://wiki.musl-libc.org/faq.html
At the same time it uses a malloc implementation that causes
problems for programs which try to use a custom allocator (replace musl's
allocator):
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/testing-alternative-c-memory-allocators-pt-2-musl-mystery-gomes/
https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/-/issues/12913

I guess one can do something weird like:
defined(__linux__) && !defined(__GLIBC__)
to work around this...

christos