[Tcsh] Interactive comments for tcsh?

M G P tateusg at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 24 20:39:53 UTC 2023

Looks like both Csh and Tcsh have # as means for introducing comments interactively. However, I can't seem to trace the code. I tried with fast mode enabled, and even reinstalled the software, and is still there. Can somebody confirm the same is true for yourself as well?

Is there any possibility/interest in adding an 'interactive_comments" option for tcsh like is in bash?

I'm interested because I often make notes of procedures/commands that I want to cat and paste into the terminal to repeat at some point and want to be able to add comments to them.  Stuff like:
mkdir foobar   # pick any name
cd foobar
ln -s ../bletch/bin/* ./    # include bletch commands

I have been using ' ;: ' to introduce comments, but the shell still tries to parse the rest of the line and if there are any quotes, semi-colons, less-thans, or greater-thans, it doesn't work properly

-WRSomsky