[File] Does this project accept feature requests?

Vadim vad.mailingfile at vad.cx
Mon Feb 12 14:46:52 UTC 2024

Hi Brad,

Yes. I had asked similar questions before, read the thread here:
https://mailman.astron.com/pipermail/file/2023-April/001158.html

The tool uses a technically simple "magic" format to define signatures
by which it identifies files. The *man*ual is pretty dense, but I have
written a (yet!) unpublished article/guide that goes through how it
works. I can send it to you in private if interested, just reply with a
yes (don't include an e-mail in plain text).

However the work of figuring out the unique parts in the header of the
files' formats is on you.

Cheers,

vad