[File] Request for help on how to build a magic pattern file

bradpaixaopitt at gmail.com bradpaixaopitt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 00:24:28 UTC 2024

Hi,

I need to build some magic files (that I later intend to submit to this
project) to enable the identification of some proprietary file formats, as
I'm writing a library to parse those files.

I have already figured out how the headers are structured but was unable to
write functional magic files for them. I tried to follow the magic file
manpage (https://linux.die.net/man/5/magic), but found that piece of
documentation one of the most cryptic I've ever come across.

So that's why I'm sending a message here to request help.

Brad