[File] file-5.44 is now available.

Christos Zoulas christos at zoulas.com
Mon Dec 26 18:32:08 UTC 2022

Happy Holidays,

File-5.44 is now available from ftp://ftp.astron.com/pub/file/file-5.44.tar.gz. This is a bug fix release, but it adds more built-in compression
programs. The version in the ChangeLog is wrong, but fixed in HEAD.

Best,

christos

        * Handle nan's so that we don't get internal floating point exceptions
          when they are enabled (Vincent Mihalkovic)

        * PR/397: Restore the ability to process files from stdin immediately.

        * fixed various clustefuzz issues

        * Fix error detection for decompression code (Vincent Mihalkovic)

        * Add MAGIC_NO_COMPRESS_FORK and use it to produce a more
          meaningful error message if we are sandboxing.

        * Add built-in lzip decompression support (Michal Gorny)

        * Add built-in zstd decompression support (Martin Rodriguez Reboredo)