[Tcsh] globbing problem in 6.21

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Wed Apr 27 16:27:04 UTC 2022

Michal Szymanski <msz at astrouw.edu.pl> reports a file globbing problem
in tcsh 6.21 wherein additional filenames are erroneously matched.  I
can confirm that on my Ubuntu 20.04 system where /usr/bin/tcsh is
6.21.  However, for decades, I have always built and installed the
latest tcsh versions on our many systems, and in 6.22, 6.23, and 6.24,
the globbing bug is absent.

Alas, Ubuntu 22.04, released just six days ago, still ships with tcsh
6.21.  Maybe a request from the tcsh team could get them to upgrade.

- University of Utah                                                          -