[Tcsh] tcsh and Alpine Linux: progress, anyone?

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Sat Nov 26 13:19:01 UTC 2022

Vlad asks if my Alpine VMs are on x86_64.

Yes, all of them are.  I run numerous VMs for other CPU architectures,
and am aware that Alpine runs on some of them too.  However, the lack
of tcsh and emacs on Alpine has made it unattractive for more than
routine software build testing.  Its key interest, I suspect, is
that it has a small memory footprint, much smaller than most Linux
systems require.

- University of Utah                                                          -