[Tcsh] Interactive comments for tcsh?

William R Somsky wrsomsky at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 07:00:39 UTC 2023

Is there any possibility/interest in adding an 'interactive_comments"
option for tcsh like is in bash?

I'm interested because I often make notes of procedures/commands that I
want to cat and paste into the terminal to repeat at some point and want to
be able to add comments to them.  Stuff like:

> mkdir foobar   # pick any name
> cd foobar
> ln -s ../bletch/bin/* ./    # include bletch commands

I have been using ' ;: ' to introduce comments, but the shell still tries
to parse the rest of the line and if there are any quotes, semi-colons,
less-thans, or greater-thans, it doesn't work properly

-WRSomsky