[Tcsh] [UCE] tcsh-6.24.08 is now available

Luke Mewburn luke at mewburn.net
Mon May 15 12:46:06 UTC 2023

On 23-04-15 11:47, Kimmo Suominen wrote:
  | [Resending with "reply to all"]
  |
  | On Sat, 15 Apr 2023 at 02:59, Luke Mewburn <luke at mewburn.net> wrote:
  | > I'll try and debug further why the original problem exists
  | > that requires those two tests to be skipped.
  |
  | A proper fix would be nice, indeed. I just wanted to get
  | non-interactive builds working as before, and this was the easy way
  | out. :)

That's fine :) I did work out a proper fix - see other reply.

  | > Possibly related, but I've also noticed other weird edge cases about terminal
  | > setup on startup that may or may not be related, that could be worth debugging.
  |
  | sh.c from line 1095 onwards:
  | - if (intty = isatty(SHIN)) returns zero, "edit" is unset
  | - intty |= intact; /* "tcsh -i" */
  |
  | sh.c from line 1378 onwards:
  | - if (intty && !targinp) { ed_Init(); } /* "tcsh -c" sets targinp */
  |
  | It is ed_Init() that would call GetTermCaps() during shell startup.
  |
  | If GetTermCaps() has not been done (!GotTermCaps), telltc (and echotc
  | and settc) will also call GetTermCaps().

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into this further.

I'll investigate the issues with always setting up the terminal with
ed_Init(), versus adding another mechanism to do this explicitly that
doesn't require the telltc/echotc as the first command. Being able
to test various "terminal size" related behavior in the testsuite will
be good (e.g., ls-F column behavior).

regards,
Luke.